Tharaka Technical & Vocational College is a public TVET institution established under the TVET Act of 2013 to produce highly competent automotive engineers among other trades. As a college we endevour to achieve the following objectives inorder to propel the country to a middle income earning economy by 2030.
- Provide adequate and appropriate skilled Artisans, Craftsmen, Technicians and Technologists at all levels of the economy through practical training and work experience
- Transfer technology continuously through collaborative approach between TTVC and the relevant industries
- Promote dignity and decency of labour, particularly manual work
- Provide increased training opportunities for the increasing school leavers and other trainees to increase employability
- Provide continuous upgrading of skills and knowledge at the pace and ability of the trainees
- Provide a dynamic curriculum responsive to the manpower needs of a dynamic economy
- Impart marketable skills, technical know-how and attitudes that respond to contemporary labour market demands by the industry, informal sector and for self-employment